Thursday, July 21, 2011

Some Timeless Pleasures! :)

Now, this post is dedicated to someone very special ~ and that is ‘Me’! J There are some things that are soothing to your soul and more often than not, these are very small things, some unmentioned joys of your heart! So here are few of my ‘Timeless Pleasures’......! J



·      Contrary to the popular belief (which is a result of my own habits :P), I love waking up very early in the morning ~ at ‘Dawn’, to be precise. I simply love to watch the Sunrise. We used to hear this from the elders, that ‘dawn’ is the best time to study and yes, it is.

I don’t know why but I always feel a gush of energy within myself whenever I step out of my house at dawn. To watch the first rays of the sun peeping through the leaves of the trees, rendering a golden hue to everything around, is a feast to the eyes. A brace of ducks or a host of sparrows, flying in the boundless blue sky, given you a feeling that a new day has begun. J And ofcourse, the nippy breeze of the morning, leaves not just you but everything, refreshed and rejuvenated. Honestly speaking, it is like meditation to me. J

Then slowly, the world starts gathering pace. You hear the symphonic chirping of birds which is the best music created by nature. Morning makes everything look so beautiful & wonderful.

Ofcourse, then you start seeing people coming out for morning walks and children dressed up in their uniforms, ready to go to school.. the newspaperman throws the regular daily into the boundary of your house.. breakfast served.. a new day has begun! J


·     Another thing that gives me bounteous peace is to watch cows. :P May sound silly to some of you but, hey.. that is me! J I would say, you should try this too.

Whenever I am too tired of the hectic schedule of my day or fed up of the humdrums of life, I go out, stand at the gate and watch the cows wandering in the field in front of my house.

They are plain, harmless creatures who have nothing to do with the world around. You just leave them on their own and they’ll be quietly grazing, strolling in fields or may be just sitting and staring.

Just look at the simplicity of these animals. They are so unadorned and peaceful. I often stand and watch them, and whenever I do, I forget everything and just keep admiring their chastity. J


·       As I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I love it when it is raining outside and everybody is at home, cosy and warm. J Then to sit in your veranda or peep outside the window and see the beautiful rains.. ah.. isn’t is lovely to be at home.

And then, as the cliché goes, have pakodas or sandwiches, watch T.V. and what else......just feel the warmth of being at home. J


·   I used to love those days when Bhai and I used to sleep with our parents. It was so cosy when on those cold winter nights, we used to be tucked up in our bed, under the rajaiis, which were heavier than us :P . And yes, the mosquito net, which used to be a mini-home for me then. I, ofcourse, being a girl, used to keep a soft toy or two with me when I slept. Often bro n I used to cover ourselves with the Rajaii and used to play inside it. J

Even though we sleep in a separate room now, but we are still tucked up in our beds cosily when we sleep. Don’t you just love it when you are warm, under your blanket, on a freezing cold night! Is there anything cosier than that! :)


·   Brought up in a big, joint family; my biggest moment of happiness is when the whole family gets together to celebrate a festival or any other reason for that matter. Isn’t it glorious to have a house full of Bothers & Sisters, Uncles & Aunts, your Grand Parents and Parents! J

It is so pleasing when the whole family sits together at night and has a conversation ranging from narration of silly comic incidences to real stimulating intellectual discussions. Every second hour, there is a round of tea and all this lasts till 3:00 or 4:00 A.M. in the morning. No matter how sleepy you feel, you don’t want to miss the fun! :D

Love Joint Families ! :) 

3 comments: